UNITY GAMES PROGRAMMER
We are looking for clever, passionate and highly motivated game programmers to join our team. People with a passion for mobile and digital console game development.
Location: Remote initially, then in office at Bournemouth, Dorset, UK
Salary: Dependent on skills, qualifications and experience
- Company pension
- 22 days holiday per annum, increasing to 28 days based on duration of employment
- Flexible working hours
Start date: As soon as possible
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, goal-orientated and a strong team player. You take pride in your work, and know what it means to take responsibility and deliver quality focused products. You enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment. You have the knowledge and ability to visualize how things should work, and how to translate this into a functioning solution.
We offer you a chance to join a team of professionals, where we believe that talent feeds talent. We all work together to achieve the best results. All of us have a genuine chance to contribute to the final product. We believe in each other’s skills and value each other’s work. If these are values that you are passionate about and you enjoy sharing your enthusiasm and expertise with others and want to play a key role in creating award-winning games, then you might just be the person we are looking for.
Main duties and responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be responsible for working in Unity, implementing technical solutions for a wide variety of game elements and will work collaboratively with a team of designers, programmers and artists.
- Involvement in all areas of game development
- To act in both lead and support developer roles on client projects, liaising with internal disciplines
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Work as part of a team, but with plenty of opportunity to take responsibility on an individual level
- Contribute to architectural decisions and deliver high quality code
- Game coding for mobile and digital console games
- To identify future trends in game technology and other related areas and use these trends to Amuzo’s advantage
- 3+ years professional game development experience, working as part of a team or in a lead position
- C++ and / or C# experience essential
- Console and handheld industry experience highly valued
- Unity experience highly valued
- Unreal experience is a bonus
- Ability to write robust, cross platform, reusable and maintainable code
- Strong knowledge of common game architecture and design patterns
- Mobile game development on iOS and Android platforms highly valued
- Ability to conceptualise, present and execute ideas within a schedule
- Experience and ability to share best practices and mentor teams
- An appreciation mobile gaming is invaluable
- Creative spirit is essential
- Awareness and understanding of Agile scheduling processes
- A passion for making great games
- Strong attention to detail
How to apply
No Agencies. Not even the ones who think the statement doesn’t apply to them or pretend to have missed this line.
Please send a CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Unity Games Programmer’. Your CV should include links to an online portfolio or LinkedIn profile.
There is no deadline for applications.
Amuzo is an equal opportunities employer. A copy of our equal opportunities policy is available on request.